We are moving fast with the latest digital technologies and many companies are overwhelmed by the new opportunities and solutions provided. Many are struggling to turn all this into real benefits and lacking speed and clear decision making.
Adaption is more than ever required and traditional manufacturing need to be turned into an agile organization. COVID-19 has increased the pressure on digital transformation.
What is agile manufacturing?
- Agile, which is the capability to adapt itself continuously to complex, turbulent and unsecure environment
- Leaders capable to lead and develop employees/teams to drive towards self-managed teams
- A future-oriented and attractive work environment focused on high value activities
- Develop highly skilled employees capable to utilize new digital technology and be innovative problem solvers
- Employees acting on data and driving for improved utilization of resources to harvest the benefits of digitalization
Paul Mairl, Chief Digital Officer, GKN Powder Metallurgy